Hey, I am Balaji. I am a geek turned Software Engineer working with Sabre, Bangalore as senior software engineer. I specialize in building front-ends/UI for web applications.
I have a engineering degree (BE) from PES School Of Engineering, Bangalore. Got my hands dirty at
coding by building my first website in 2008 and shipped it on
Linux hoisting for the public. Ever since
I have spent countless hours in
These days my work includes
- Coding frontend for large size web application with
- Demonstrating code ownership by performing code reviews, monitor sonar reports & deployments.
- Get work done by leading a team of developers. I do interact with cross teams like QA, services & give demos to marketing.
My hobbies include maintaining a technical blog at dhbalaji.dev and reading non-fiction books.
React stack: ReactJS, RxJS middleware, Redux, React Router, NextJS
Unit testing: Jest, Enzyme
CSS: SCSS, Bootstrap
Backend: NodeJS, MongoDB, MariaDB
Design prototyping: Adobe XD
Cloud: GCP compute engine & storage basics
Others: npm, Git, DevTools, Webpack, Responsive web development, Single page apps, Service workers
airplanemode_active Senior Software Engineer @ Sabre 07/2018 to Ongoing
Working on migrating a flex app into HTML5 based application using ReactJS within an agile team.
His priorities are:
- Writing scalable
ReactJScode & releasing it into production.
- Manage product development activities like
code reviews, production support & conducted performance audits.
- Owning and delivering
workflowswith a team of 5 developers.
- Given training on new React APIs when migrated to new versions.
- Mentored interns & conducted brown bag sessions within the team.
- Writing scalable
shopping_cart Frontend Engineer @ Landmark group 09/2016 to 07/2018
Worked on building multiple e-commerce front-ends for Hybris platform.
- Delivered multilingual SSR React apps with latest JS tooling.
- Conducted tech JS interviews for scaling up the team.
- An early adopter of VueJS. Built an rewards app for the brand and took it to production.
attach_money UI developer @ Raremile Technologies & TCS 07/2011 to 08/2016
Worked as a contract developer for multiple clients.
- Delivered user stories on time, at par with other developers on the team.
- Won business & promoted parent company at the client location.
- Exhibited confidence and excellent business skills at work.
More details about my work experience can be found on Linkedin.
Available for full-time remote hire. You can hire Balaji for Senior frontend engineer or Lead role.